Open Space Technology influenced me almost as long as agile principles. This is just a brief summary of some resources for now. There may be future updates.
- Exploring Who Controls Your Meetings by Process and Tools Used Online – This article will give you a good overview of the idea of “control” and where open space plays on that spectrum.
- The Mobility Mindset journey and book with April Jefferson and I explore Open Space principles and how they can be used far beyond events.
- This article, originally published in ProjectManagement.com, describes how open space can be used for internal corporate meetups for remote companies.
- Because we were always recruiting new staff, we would open up with a sociemetry exercise described here.
- This article elaborates on the concept of invitation (a core practice in open space) and how it can be leveraged for remote teams.
- Other public events, like Agile Coach Camp, are typically run using Open Space Technology.
- Lean Coffee – can be considered a mini-open-space lasting an hour to 90 minutes