First of all, get the latest information on distributed teams and remote coaching through my blog and learn even more through my free monthly newsletter where I share my best tips. But maybe you need more than that?
Do you have these problems?
As a distributed product manager
- We can't seem to deliver even though we have expertise from all over the world on our distributed teams.
- We have teams all over the world building a common platform, but the lack of coordination makes it hard for us to keep up with the competition.
- The teams just seems to do their own thing. They don’t really understand our customers that are just as distributed as they are.
As a distributed manager
(responsible for people, finances or both)
- It's hard for me to keep track of what everyone is doing on the team and even how they are doing personally.
- We asked the teams to standardize on a set of processes and the teams don't like that standardization.
- We need people to work across the globe. I can see they're having trouble with that many hours in one day. I don't see any alternatives.
As a distributed team leader
(responsible for guiding the work of a team as a team lead, scrum master, or coach)
- I struggle with facilitating meetings with my distributed teams.
- Only the loudest seem to participate in meetings.
- Team meetings seem unfocused and everyone seems to multi-task.
- The team prefers to work asynchronously. They never really seem to talk to each other. No one ever seems to have their cameras on.
As anyone working remote
- Our tools do not support great collaboration. What is the best tool to help my team collaborate?
- I'm supposed to get up in the middle of the night to talk with team members, put in a full day at our office, and then stay up late to talk to more team members. I hate this. Isn't there another way to work?
Yes, there is a better way to work distributed. Let me show you how.
I can support your distributed work in many ways:
- Assessments – Though 1-1, team interviews, and assessment tools co-developed with Johanna Rothman and Comparative Agility,
- Coaching – I can work directly with teams of knowledge workers, managers and executives to help improve their skills in managing a distributed agile workspace.
- Workshops – to build your distributed agile expertise, not just throw information at you in death-by-slides. See our self-paced courses, live workshops, or contact me for a private, customized workshop.
- Mentoring – I work 1-1 with team members, team leaders, managers and executives to help them adapt to remote ways of working and leading.
- Facilitation – Do your new-to-distributed teams need a little facilitation to get going? Do you have scrum masters, agile coaches or other leaders that need some facilitation help?