First of all, get the latest information on distributed teams and remote coaching through my blog and learn even more through my free monthly newsletter where I share my best tips. But maybe you need more than that?
Do you have these problems?
As a distributed product manager
- We can't seem to deliver even though we have expertise from all over the world on our distributed teams.
- We have teams all over the world building a common platform, but the lack of coordination makes it hard for us to keep up with the competition.
- The teams just seems to do their own thing. They don’t really understand our customers that are just as distributed as they are.
As a distributed manager
(responsible for people, finances or both)
- It's hard for me to keep track of what everyone is doing on the team and even how they are doing personally.
- We asked the teams to standardize on a set of processes and the teams don't like that standardization.
- We need people to work across the globe. I can see they're having trouble with that many hours in one day. I don't see any alternatives.
As a distributed team leader
(responsible for guiding the work of a team as a team lead, scrum master, or coach)
- I struggle with facilitating meetings with my distributed teams.
- Only the loudest seem to participate in meetings.
- Team meetings seem unfocused and everyone seems to multi-task.
- The team prefers to work asynchronously. They never really seem to talk to each other. No one ever seems to have their cameras on.
As anyone working remote
- Our tools do not support great collaboration. What is the best tool to help my team collaborate?
- I'm supposed to get up in the middle of the night to talk with team members, put in a full day at our office, and then stay up late to talk to more team members. I hate this. Isn't there another way to work?
Yes, there is a better way to work distributed. Let me show you how.
I can support your distributed work in many ways:
- Assessments – Though 1-1, team interviews, and assessment tools co-developed with Johanna Rothman and Comparative Agility,
- Coaching – I can work directly with teams of knowledge workers, managers and executives to help improve their skills in managing a distributed agile workspace.
- Workshops – to build your distributed agile expertise, not just throw information at you in death-by-slides. See current offerings or contact me for a private, customized workshop.
- Mentoring – I work 1-1 with team members, team leaders, managers and executives to help them adapt to remote ways of working and leading.
- Facilitation – Do your new-to-distributed teams need a little facilitation to get going? Do you have scrum masters, agile coaches or other leaders that need some facilitation help?
Interested in updates on services, workshops, and new insights for distributed agile teams and organizations every 2-3 weeks? Sign up for my newsletter below.