Distributed agile teams have a terrible reputation. They don’t deliver “on time,” and too often, they don’t deliver what the customer needs. However, most agile teams, have at least one remote team member. And, agile approaches are here to stay.
Don’t blindly apply agile practices designed for collocated teams. Instead, learn to use three mindset shifts and the agile and lean principles to create your successful distributed agile team. Use the tips and traps to help your team succeed.
Leave the chaos of virtual teams behind. See how to help your distributed team succeed.
The brief Table of Contents:
- Distributed Agile Teams Are Here to Stay
- Focus on Principles to Support Your Distributed Agile Teams
- Avoid Chaos with Insufficient Hours of Overlap
- Identify Your Distributed Agile Team Type
- Communicate to Collaborate
- Create Your Collaborative Team Workspace
- Cultivate Your Distributed Team’s Agile Culture
- Build Respect with Working Agreements
- Adapt Practices for Distributed Agile Teams
- Integrate New People into Your Distributed Agile Team
- Lead Your Agile Teams to Success
Each chapter has traps and suggestions for what you can try right now. We also have appendices explaining how we worked, the Compass activity, and the bibliography and glossary.
Buy the book here:
Here’s a universal book link, especially if you buy books from a different distributor: books2read.com/SDAT.
Discount on Print Books
If you want to buy print copies, we are pleased to offer discounts on the book for US shipping addresses:
- No discount for fewer than 5 books.
- For 5 -10 print books, a 15% discount. No shipping/handling charges.
- For 10 or more books, a 25% discount. No shipping/handling charges. Please email us for details.
If you want to buy print copies outside the US, please email us and we will work with you on a reasonable discount.
AudioBook Supplemental Resources
The audiobook is now available. You can download the supplemental materials by clicking on this link.
Other Book Contributions:
- 2019 – Mastering Remote Meetings InfoQ Mini-book – authored “Remote Meetings Reflect Distributed Team Culture
- 2016 – Become a Retrospective Rockstar (via Retrium)
- 2013 – Agile Business: A Leader’s Guide to Harnessing Complexity
- authored “Facilitating the Right Environment” and “Why Coaching?” sections