At Agile2016, a group from the Virtual Team Talk community organized a number of sessions. Our most ambitious was two 75-minute sessions as part of the new Audatious Salon track. I also had the opportunity to collaborate with David Horowitz of Retrium on a workshop on distributed collaboration where we developed a distributed version of the marshmallow challenge for 3 types of dispersed teams. Read on if you would like to know more about those events.
Audacious Salon at Agile 2016 – Distributed Agile
Original invitation before Agile2016 – What shall we explore at Agile2016?
Audacious Salon – Distributed Agile – Monday, 25 July &
Tuesday 26 July 2016
Overview slides (used on site)
Remote participant guide (provided in advance of sessions)
Original spreadsheet used to gather inputs
See the online retrospective for the Audacious Salon track
THANKS!!! – Audacious Salon was not the work of one, but the work of many. Special thanks to:
- George Dinwiddie – not only for launching the Audacious Salon track with Doc, but for all the conversations to cut the paths through the distributed jungle
- Doc Norton – not only for launching the Audacious Salon track, but for quickly responding to all my questions as we set up this delightfully messy experiment
- Micheal Herman – my co-creator of the salon and facilitator extraordinaire’
- Mandy Ross and Sococo – without your help, we would not have experienced seamless online collaboration with audio and video
- Revolve Robotics for providing the Kubi – one of the best and easiest to use telepresence technologies I’ve seen.
- Pilar Orti – for her feedback, support and helping to spread the word on this audacious experiment
Blog posts and other follow-up:
- Pilar Orti – Podcast 85 (Special) Thoughts from Agile 2016 Audacious Salon
- Pilar Orti & Lisette Sutherland – Podcast 87 – Hybrid Teams – in this episode, both Lisette and Pilar provide some excellent insights into the Audacious Salon.
- Judy Rees – How To Choose Remote Working Technology For Your Team
- Sococo – The Audacious Salon at Agile 2016 — Distributed Agile: Delusion or Evolution?
- Sococo – The Audacious Salon at Agile 2016 – Distributed Agile: Delusion or Evolution? (Day Two)
- Andrea Chou – Remotely Audacious At Agile Atlanta Conference
- Deb Hartman-Preuss added a signup form at coachingcocktails.com for a cocktail dedicated to the theme of video facilitation.
- Virtual Team Talk – An online community of remote team and distributed agile practitioners – Want to continue conversations? Want to participate in more remote experiments for remote agile? You can join this community here.
WORKSHOP with David Horowitz – Thursday 28 July 2016
David Horowitz and Mark Kilby’s session on Communication and Collaboration in Distributed Teams (slides and handouts available for download)
David Horowitz also has a wonderful online tool for those who struggle with online retrospectives. You should check out Retrium.