Join Mark Kilby, your distributed agile guide and co-author of the book, From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams, in this highly-interactive live workshop. Designed in cooperation with another leader in remote collaboration, Lisette Sutherland, the Work Together Anywhere workshop consists of four 90-minute interactive online sessions where you work with a group of people to learn to become a successful distributed team!
The techniques demonstrated in the workshop apply for existing globally dispersed teams as well as the “rapidly remote”. The techniques will help build confidence in tackling remote collaboration challenges, demonstrate new practices, and learn to leverage new or existing tools for productive distributed teamwork. The activities in the workshop also helps you focus on how to apply a new mindset to collaborate online.
Taking what you learn from the sessions, you will build your very own action plan that you could immediately try with your distributed teams. Many students even apply lessons between the four sessions for even greater results!
- Learn how to increase trust and camaraderie of a distributed team by simulating the human experience while working in co-located teams.
- Discover techniques to avoid miscommunication and outline acceptable behaviors for your team’s collaboration.
- Hold the space for effective meetings where everyone contributes and supports different communication and work styles.
- Practice how to give and receive feedback, conduct remote team retrospectives and inspire continuous improvement across distributed teams.
Read further details at https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/anywhereworkshop/
Who Should Attend
Team members, managers, coaches, scrum masters, and product leaders benefit most from this course when willing to try new things to improve overall productivity and communication with their remote colleagues.
About This Event
This small-group interactive learning experience will require your full attention and active participation for each of the two half-day sessions. If you need to multi-task, this is probably NOT the workshop for you.
The workshop consists of four 90-minute, interactive online sessions, each with a separate focus.
- Simulate the office online
- Trust & Alignment with Virtual Colleagues
- Facilitate online meetings
- Give and receive feedback to inspire continuous improvement
Breaks will be provided between sessions and sometimes within sessions.
Primarily work starts in Zoom.us, but other tools may be introduced at the instructor’s discretion.
The course runs with a minimum of four participants and a maximum of 12.
Need more info?
Please contact us if you need advice on whether this is the right workshop for you.
Do you have an entire team you would like to take through the training? Reach out to us for a group rate.