At Agile2016, a group from the Virtual Team Talk community organized a number of sessions. Our most ambitious was two 75-minute sessions as part of the new Audatious Salon track. I also had the opportunity to collaborate with David Horowitz of Retrium on a workshop on distributed collaboration where we developed a distributed version of the marshmallow challenge for 3 types of dispersed teams. Read on if you would like to know more about those events.
Audacious Salon at Agile 2016 – Distributed Agile
Original invitation before Agile2016 – What shall we explore at Agile2016?
Audacious Salon – Distributed Agile – Monday, 25 July &
Tuesday 26 July 2016
THANKS!!! – Audacious Salon was not the work of one, but the work of many. Special thanks to:
- George Dinwiddie – not only for launching the Audacious Salon track with Doc, but for all the conversations to cut the paths through the distributed jungle
- Doc Norton – not only for launching the Audacious Salon track, but for quickly responding to all my questions as we set up this delightfully messy experiment
- Micheal Herman – my co-creator of the salon and facilitator extraordinaire’
- Mandy Ross and Sococo – without your help, we would not have experienced seamless online collaboration with audio and video
- Revolve Robotics for providing the Kubi – one of the best and easiest to use telepresence technologies I’ve seen.
- Pilar Orti – for her feedback, support and helping to spread the word on this audacious experiment
Blog posts and other follow-up:
- Pilar Orti – Podcast 85 (Special) Thoughts from Agile 2016 Audacious Salon
- Pilar Orti & Lisette Sutherland – Podcast 87 – Hybrid Teams – in this episode, both Lisette and Pilar provide some excellent insights into the Audacious Salon.
- Judy Rees – How To Choose Remote Working Technology For Your Team
- Sococo – The Audacious Salon at Agile 2016 — Distributed Agile: Delusion or Evolution?
- Sococo – The Audacious Salon at Agile 2016 – Distributed Agile: Delusion or Evolution? (Day Two)
- Andrea Chou – Remotely Audacious At Agile Atlanta Conference
- Deb Hartman-Preuss added a signup form at coachingcocktails.com for a cocktail dedicated to the theme of video facilitation.
- Virtual Team Talk – An online community of remote team and distributed agile practitioners – Want to continue conversations? Want to participate in more remote experiments for remote agile? You can join this community here.
WORKSHOP with David Horowitz – Thursday 28 July 2016
David Horowitz and Mark Kilby’s session on Communication and Collaboration in Distributed Teams (slides and handouts available for download)
David Horowitz also has a wonderful online tool for those who struggle with online retrospectives. You should check out Retrium.